6 Year MD Course - Approx €8,000 per year
No graduate entry course at this university
5 Years DMD Course - Approx €8,000 per year
Biology and Chemistry (A-level)
Yes in Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy
Approx €1,000 to €1,500 per month
The Medical University of Varna At A Glance
- Founded in 1960.
- Currently home to 5,000 students.
- Hostel accommodations for 900 students.
- The University has four faculties and a medical college.
- The focus of the University is for students to develop, improve their potential, skills and talents.
- Has received numerous accolades and international recognition for its educational and research practice.
- Five Training hospitals are linked to the University, including the St Marina and St Anna University Hospitals, specialist hospitals in gynaecology, obstetrics and an Eye hospital.
- In 2002 the University was named after Prof. Dr Paraskev Stoyanov, who laid the foundations for the first Bulgarian School of Surgery.
Study Medicine in Bulgaria at Medical University – Varna
What motivates the desire to study abroad? It can be any number of things, independence, an opportunity to meet and interact with other cultures, and in these days of soaring prices, student debt plays a significant part. Deciding to study medicine in Bulgaria at the Medical University – Varna will tick all the above boxes and more.
This prestigious Varna medical university is recognized throughout Europe for its quality education that is focused on facilitating a professional development program for its students. In 2008, the Medical University- Varna was the first medical University to introduce a qualitative model, the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM ®) for Business Excellence in 2008. The Varna medical university is a multi-international school with links to over ninety European and global institutes and universities. Students from over 40 countries undertake their medical degrees here. The Medical University- Varna is committed to taking part in educational exchange programs.
The Medical University – Varna prides itself on its modern and high tech approach to teaching, without losing the personal touch, embracing 3D anatomy training and complementary e-learning. The University offers the 6-year training for Medicine and Dentistry in English, with an option to take a pre-year course in the Bulgarian language.
Student life is facilitated by the Student Council which provides many of the diverse activities and events at the university. The social aspects of a student’s life are important, with modern sports facilities, professional coaching in volleyball, football and tennis. For those less inclined to sports, there are dance troupes and a rock band, plus all the variety of amenities you would expect to find in the third largest city in Bulgaria and one of the top resort cities on the coast. Based in the center of the city the Medical University- Varna is accessible either by foot or the excellent public transport system.
Varna at a Glance
- Two student hostels and plenty of reasonable rental properties.
- Three large shopping malls and plenty of fresh produce markets.
- Health care is well catered for by the University and private hospitals.
- Not to be missed: Aladzha Monastery, in a cliff face dating back to medieval times.
- The fascinating ‘Stone Forest’ is unusual, photogenic and mysterious.
- A number of excellent museums. The MU Varna Anatomy museum, housed in the University, is also a valuable study aid.
- Home to Bulgarian vineyards and wineries.
- Try out the increasingly popular ‘Escape Rooms’ budget friendly and a great way to get to know new people.