6 Year MD Course - Approx €8,000 per year
No graduate entry course at this university
5 Years DMD Course - Approx €8,000 per year
Biology and Chemistry (A-level)
Yes in Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy
Between €1,000 to €1,500 per month
The Medical University of Pleven at a Glance
- The Medical University of Pleven opened 1974 as a branch of the Medical Academy of Sofia.
- In 1987 it became an independent Higher Medical Institute.
- It has a Medical College, three Faculties, Medicine, Public Health and HealthCare and a department of language and specialisations.
- 6,000+ students from 30 countries have graduated from the University.
- Currently has around 2100 students, the most significant percentage of overseas students are from Great Britain.
- Accreditation is by the National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency (ENQA) a member of the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR).
- Course Structure: 2 years pre-clinical study, three years clinical study, final year is an internship (clinical practice).
- An active and supportive International Student Center.
Study Medicine in Bulgaria at The University of Pleven
In 1974, the Medical University of Pleven opened its doors to train future international doctors and expand the scope of Pleven’s City Hospital, founded in 1835. This large, 1000+ bed hospital, with its growing reputation for excellence and use of cutting edge of medicine, is an ideal venue in which to learn at the Pleven medical university. In 1997, the university began its English program, the first such program in Bulgaria.
Pleven medical university students train, treat patients and conduct research in a modern, research-based facility with its specialized departments, major medical fields and state of the art equipment. The Medical University of Pleven also offers active postgraduate courses in a variety of specializations, including Nursing and Midwifery.
With two semesters a year, the English Medical program starts mid-February to finish at the end of December. Students can also avail themselves of a pre-course in the Bulgarian language. And since 2006, a preparatory course in English for those non-native speaking students has been offered.
The Medical University of Pleven operates on the Bologna system, meaning its qualification of Masters in Medicine and the title Physician is globally recognized. Emphasis is placed on small group training. Professors are all highly qualified doctors, research fellows and members of international medical societies. Personal development is part of the university’s mission, so that an education at the Medical University of Pleven stresses an increase in personal maturity and forging diverse relationships that only comes from a global experience.
Pleven at a Glance
- A wide variety of accommodation available to suit every budget.
- Numerous sporting activities.
- Cultural activities include historical sites, theatres both indoor and out, cinemas and museums.
- A variety of cuisines available from pizzeria and creperies to cordon bleu kitchens.
- Numerous places to visit but be sure to see the Pleven Fountains, which are especially attractive in the evenings.
- Shopping center and local markets provide access to all student shopping needs, including an abundance of local fresh vegetables.