6 Year MD Course - Approx €13,300 per year
No graduate entry course at this university
5 Years DMD Course - Approx €14,300 per year
Biology, Chemistry and Physics (A-level or equivalent)
Yes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics
Approx €700 to €1,500 per month
Poznan University of Medical Sciences At A Glance
- Founded in 1922; English programs started in 1993.
- The largest elite university in Poland.
- Over 8,000 students.
- Nearly 1,800 international students choose to study there every year.
- Focus on practical teaching enhanced by the American teaching methodology.
- Six teaching hospitals are associated with the school.
- Professor Maria Siemionow, a PUMS graduate, has performed the first full facial transplantation.
Study Medicine in Poland at Poznan University of Medical Sciences
Poznan University of Medical Sciences (PUMS) was founded over 95 years ago and is one of the most desired and highly regarded medical schools both in Poland and internationally. It is recognized as the most significant educational, research, and clinical center in Poland.
In 1993, the Poznan University of Medical Sciences began its 4-year MD program for those with a university degree. This was followed by the launch of the 6-year MD program in 1995 for students coming from a secondary or high school.
The Poznan medical school offers a vast number of specialities, with research and clinical activities carried out at six clinical hospitals. Poznan University of Medical Sciences staff includes medical practitioners and doctors of medicine or from scientific disciplines. There is a considerable focus placed on practical learning.
With over 8,000 students and more than 1,000 faculty members, the Poznan University of Medical Sciences Poland attracts nearly 1,800 international students every year. It has developed more than 30 cooperation and partnership agreements with universities and research centers across the world, participating in joint research, programs, and scientific conferences.
Offering highly advanced teaching methods and modern, specialized facilities and equipment, an education at the Poznan medical university reflects the very latest advances in medical technology. In 2010, the Poznan University of Medical Sciences opened the Center for Medical Simulation, which was the first in Poland. The university has also co-founded the interdisciplinary Center for NonoBioMedical Research.
Poznan at a Glance
- Student accommodation costs around 400-600 PLN or 95-145€.
- Rich cultural city with a wide selection of entertainment.
- Numerous historical attractions and busy shopping centre.
- Vibrant student city with 130,000 living there.
- Visit the expansive Malta Lake or the beautiful Citadel Park.
- Poznan is home to the most famous croissants in Poland