6 Year MD Course - Approx €15,000 to €17,000 per year
No graduate entry course at this university
5 Year DMD Course - Approx €15,000 to €17,000 per year
A-Levels in any subjects
Yes in Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy
Between €1,000 to €1,500 per month
The University of Debrecen At A Glance
- The university was founded in 1538.
- Total number of students is 27,904, including 4300 international students.
- Won title “Centre of Excellence” from the European Commission in 2003.
- Medical school has 22 departments of basic sciences and 25 clinical departments.
- Medical School serves as the city hospital for Debrecen, where students get their clinical training.
- The Debrecen Award for Molecular Medicine is awarded every year by the Faculty of Medicine.
Study Medicine in Hungary at The University of Debrecen
The Reformed College of Debrecen was established in 1538 and, as the oldest continuously operating higher learning institution in Hungary albeit under various names, has played a huge role in national education. It quickly became the most important Hungarian center of culture as many famous scientists and politicians were educated there. The Faculty of Medicine was founded as an independent university 1951 and offers courses in medicine, dentistry and pharmacy. It has been known as the University of Debrecen since 2000. Training in English began in 1987, initially with 49 students.
One of the largest universities in Hungary, the university has nearly 30,000 students, with 4,300 international students choosing to study there. University of Debrecen medicine is a multidisciplinary teaching establishment, with 22 departments of basic sciences and 25 clinical departments in various scientific and medical fields.
This Debrecen medical university has unique opportunities and plays a leading role in both education and research programs and is known as the intellectual center of Eastern Hungary. It is a totally green university, equipped with fabulous modern facilities, located in the very heart of a Hungarian forest.
While classes at the University of Debrecen Faculty of Medicine are taught in English, learning Hungarian is part of the curriculum as students will need to interact with patients as part of their medical training. The Debrecen medical university is accredited by, among other medical councils, the World Health Organization and the State Education System (NY, USA).
Debrecen at a Glance
- Hungary's second largest city located in the eastern part of the country.
- The naming of the city goes back to the 13th century. It was formed from villages merged together after the Mongol invasion in 1241.
- Busy city shopping and cafe street life.
- Beautiful parks and thermal baths make for a relaxing time after a night at Debrecen's many bars and clubs.
- Debrecen is known for its beautiful architecture. Walk around and then learn about its rich literary history at the Debreceni Literary Museum.
- Hosts Kölcsey Convention Centre – the largest conference center in Eastern Hungary Culture.